Being awarded a Group Training Fellowship is the highest recognition that can be bestowed by the association, on an individual or organisation, for their contribution to vocational education and training and the advancement of Group Training in Victoria.
Register of Fellows
|John Ackland||Workco Limited||2008|
|Kevin Kennedy||Gippsland Group Training (GGT)||2008|
|David Windridge||MEGT Australia||2008|
|Miles Coverdale||Westvic Staffing Solutions||2009|
|John Glover||Group Training Association of Victoria Inc.||2009|
|Geoffrey Foster||Skills Victoria – Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development||2010|
|Sue Kent||MEGT Australia||2012|
|Geoff Carson||Murray Mallee Training Company & Sunraysia Murray Group Training||2015|
Suitable candidates should meet one of the following criteria:
- Recognised as having made a substantial contribution to the development and performance of Group Training in Victoria.
- Recognised as having made a substantial contribution to the VET sector that has a positive impact on Group Training in Victoria.
- Has provided sound leadership at a significant level within Group Training in Victoria.
- Nominations are not limited to Group Training Organisations and their staff but may come from any sector.
The process to nominate a candidate as a Group Training Fellow will be as follows:
- Any current member of AEN may make nominations.
- Any other current member of AEN must second nominations.
- Nominations must be in writing and address the eligibility criteria.
- Nominations may be made at any time but only awarded annually at the AGM.
Nominations for Group Training Fellowship will be assessed as follows:
- Each nomination will be assessed individually by the full Board of AEN. The only exception to this would be if a current board member were nominated in which case the balance of directors would meet in confidence to assess the nomination.
- The nomination must have the unanimous support of all eligible directors to be successful.
- There shall be no expectation that a fellowship will be awarded each year.
- There will be no restriction on the number of fellowship awarded each year. It should be noted that a Group Training Fellowship is the Associations highest award and the awarding of fellowships that do not clearly meet the selection criteria will diminish its value.
Group Training Fellowships shall be awarded as follows:
- Successful nominees shall be invited to attend (with partner) the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
- The association will meet all costs for nominee’s attendance.
- The Chairman of the Association will award the nominee with a certificate and a Fellowship pin (The pin will be numbered and dated)
- The nominee will then be known as a Group Training Fellow.