MyGateway ran a MIP in engineering and automotive with 12 participants, of which 8 go onto apprenticeships.
MT Gateway’s hosts provide feedback on 9 participants attending work experience. Comments in hosts feedback include (names removed)
- has good rounded basic skills to be successful in trade.
- was very well rounded and had some great hand skills. Even though he had a quiet nature, he was a good communicator in the workplace and TAFE.
- Performed ok during the work experience. At times, he lacks a little motivation. Just need to show a little more enthusiasm when helping the tradesman. That may have been because he was new.
- performed well duirng work experience a little quiet at times but opened up when he got more comfortable with the surrounding and people.
- is a really switched on 16 year old. He really enjoyed the engineering trade but is still a little uncertain in what direction he wants to take. Has good general skills.
- is a very smart and intelligent young man. He wasn’t really sure if he wanted to continue in the search for an apprenticeship.
The hosts rated the work readiness of the participants highly.