The role of GTO Field Officers has become more complex over the years with the introduction of government programs, monitored compliance, increased accountability, policy and procedures.
The Certificate IV in Business (BSB40207) has been customised for Group Training Field Officers by GTA Vic in partnership with RMIT University. The program is designed to:
- Support the professional practice of Group Training Field Staff
- Build capability within Group Training Organisations (GTO’s)
- Develop a consistent ‘brand’ and identity for Group Training across Victoria (and Nationally)
- Share and promote ‘Best Practice’, critical reflection and evaluation throughout the field.
The course addresses four inter-related themes: “Understanding the environment”; “Managing Expectations”; “Recruitment & Sales; and “Assessment & Evaluation”. The program will provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a more effective Field Officers by developing skills in:
- Monitoring workplace safety (BSBOHS407A Monitor Safe Workplace)
- Identifying and applying risk management processes (BSBRSK401A Identify Risk & Apply Risk Management Processes)
- Working within relevant legal and ethical frameworks (CHCCS301A Work within a Legal & Ethical Framework)
- Identifying and meeting customer needs (BSBRSK401A Address Customer Needs)
- Building client relationships and customer networks (BSBR402A Build Client Relationships & Business Networks)
- Workplace mentoring (TAEDEL404A Mentor in the Workplace)
- Making effective presentations (BSBCMM401A Make a Presentation)
- Selecting and inducting trainees and apprentices (BSBHRM402A Recruit, Select & Induct Staff)
- Promoting their Organisation’s products and services, and (BSBM413A Promote Products & Services)
- Self managing sales performance (BSBRSK401A Self Manage Sales Performance)
The course delivery consists of five four workshops, action-learning, online coursework and work- based projects. Participants submit a portfolio of work-based evidence and assignments to demonstrate their competence. The course provides a framework, or structure, for professional development which is closely tied to, and/or integrated with the Field Officer’s professional practice.
For further information on this course please contact us.