Candidates for the award:
- Must be an apprentice/trainee employed by a Victorian Group Training Organisation
- Must be an apprentice/trainee at the time of nomination
Applicants will be judged against the following criteria
Common award criteria:
- Career and study achievements
- why you chose your course
- how it changed or impacted on you
- what you have gained from completing your course
- what you have been able to bring to your workplace
- any challenges you have had to address that have impacted on your training
- Team and communication skills
- what you have been able to tell others – students, friends, etc., about your training
- what you like about working in a team setting
- what traits you think are important to positively influence others
- Other qualities and pursuits
- if you have had to address any challenges that have impacted on your training
- if you have been required to use initiative either in your training, your personal life or your workplace
- the qualities or activities you feel would be useful in during your scholarship
- examples where you have taken a leadership role inside or outside of work
- your involvement in other community or industry pursuits.
Category specific criteria:
Indigenous Community Engagement
- how you are connected with your community or extended family
- how the training has impacted on your community
- what qualities or activities you have been involved in that you feel would be useful in your role as the Indigenous Student of the Year
- what you have been able to bring to your community.
- what challenges you faced that would have otherwise prevented you from completing your apprenticeship/traineeship
- how you overcame the challenges
- what advice you would give to someone facing similar circumstances
Women in Trades Community Engagement
- how you have overcome any barriers to work in a male dominated area
- how you have promoted women undertaking a trade
- what qualities or activities you have been involved in that you feel would be useful in your role as the Woman in Trades of the Year
STAR OHS Initiative
- your drive and commitment to making the workplace a safer environment
- your OHS focus and/or achievements
- your understanding and leadership skills regarding OH&S within the workplace
|Nominations Open||Monday 24 August 2020|
|Nominations Close||Wednesday 30 September 2020|
|Award Presented||To Be Determined|
Assessment and Award Process
Nominations will be assessed as follows:
- Each nomination will be assessed individually by the Award Nominations Committee and approved by the AEN Board.
- The nomination must address the selection criteria.
- Successful nominees shall be invited to attend (with partner) to the Annual Awards Dinner of the Association.
- The Association will meet all costs for nominee’s attendance.
- The winner will be presented with the award at the AEN Awards Dinner.