Cultural Awareness Training: Intro to Islam
The CAT online training session empowers participants with the knowledge and understanding to work with Muslims through cultural relativism.Date:
The CAT online training session empowers participants with the knowledge and understanding to work with Muslims through cultural relativism.
|Date:||Tuesday 24 May 2022|
|Time:||10.00am – 12.00pm|
- The fundamentals of Islam, demographics and debunking stereotypes (followed by a group brainstorming exercise).
- The cultural and religious needs of Muslims, including service barriers in the workplace and creating a more inclusive workplace.
About the presenter
Sherene Hassan OAM, Director of Education and Community Engagement, Islamic Museum of Australia.
Sherene has been involved in intercultural dialogue since 2001 and is passionate about building bridges with the wider community. To date, she has conducted over 1000 information sessions on Islam to diverse audiences ranging from the Flying Fruit Fly Circus School to the Australian Federal Police.
Registrations are now closed
- AEN Members: Please login to Member’s area prior to purchasing tickets to access the member rate
- All prices include GST
- A surcharge of 2% will apply to all payments by credit card. EFT is not available
- Tickets will be sent to the billing address email only
Enquiries: Anna Bejanoff, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9639 3955.
Cancellation/refund policy: Cancellation notice of more than 5 working days prior to the event is fully refundable. Cancellation notice of less than 5 working days prior to the event, NO REFUND. Substitution of attendees is allowed.
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Comments are closed.