Indigenous Cultural Recruitment
18Oct9:30 am12:00 pmIndigenous Cultural Recruitment
Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of Aboriginal culture, cultural practices and protocols and how they can be incorporated into existing recruitment methods. The training content is interactive
Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of Aboriginal culture, cultural practices and protocols and how they can be incorporated into existing recruitment methods. The training content is interactive and informative allowing participants to actively contribute to their training experience in a safe environment. Participants will learn how to promote cultural safety, the importance of cultural inclusion throughout the recruitment process along with strategies to develop, retain and support Aboriginal apprentices/trainees.
|Date:||Tuesday 18 October 2022|
|Time:||9.30am – 12.00pm|
Target audience: Managers, field officers and staff with recruitment responsibilities of Aboriginal apprentices/trainees.
- Develop culturally, safe recruitment processes within workplaces
- Identify cultural barriers i.e. cultural load and community obligations of Aboriginal apprentices/trainees
- Build partnerships with corporate and educational organisations to establish employment pathways
- Implement strategies to retain, develop and support Aboriginal apprentices/trainees to achieve career aspirations
- Establish relationships with like-minded organisations to initiate Aboriginal staff networks (ASN)
- Investigate specific cultural competency programs for managers and supervisors of Aboriginal apprentices/trainees.
About the facilitator:
Seona James is a Victorian Aboriginal and Yorta Yorta woman. She is the lead facilitator delivering all cultural recruitment training sessions for Indigenous Cultural Connections Pty Ltd. Since 2008, Seona has developed and facilitated Indigenous cultural recruitment training to various industries and workplaces. Seona shares her knowledge, personal stories and experiences, providing participants with the realities, both good and bad, of identifying as Aboriginal in the modern world.
- AEN Members: Please login to Member’s area prior to purchasing tickets to access the member rate
- All prices include GST
- A surcharge of 2% will apply to all payments by credit card. EFT is not available
- Tickets will be sent to the billing address email only
Registrations close: Friday 14 October 2022
Cancellation/refund policy: Cancellation notice of more than 5 working days prior to the event is fully refundable. Cancellation notice of less than 5 working days prior to the event, NO REFUND. Substitution of attendees is allowed.
(Tuesday) 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Comments are closed.