Currently less than 2% of the Aussie craft trades workforce is female. Despite societal progress on gender equality, this number has remained stubbornly low for over 40 years.
Currently less than 2% of the Aussie craft trades workforce is female. Despite societal progress on gender equality, this number has remained stubbornly low for over 40 years. In 2019, the Minister for Training and Skills and for Higher Education approved funding for Women Onsite.
The mission at Women Onsite is to support committed women of all ages and from all walks of life into apprenticeships or traineeships. As the central contact point between unions, employers, policy and industry, they are uniquely positioned to drive positive change for Victorian Tradeswomen. Part of their role in creating change is to work with the teaching systems and employers to build capacity and ensure they are meeting their OH&S requirements to keep women safe, including from gendered violence.
What the training covers?
- Organisation: Who are we? What do we do? What are our values?
- What kind of workplace do we want?
- What is gendered violence and why is it our business?
- Understanding the underpinning drivers of gendered violence and gender inequity
- The impact of gendered violence
- Planning for Change: What does best practice look like in our workplace?
For more information on how the training will work, and how will it be delivered? Please click on Training program
|Date:||Wednesday 6 April 2022|
|Time:||10.00am – 2.00pm|
|Venue:||AEN training room, 83 Hobsons Road, Kensington|
Target audience: GTO Field Officers
Members: Free (with coupon code) *
Non Members: $55 incl. GST
Registrations close: 1 April 2022
* Members: If you do not have a coupon code, please contact Anna Bejanoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This training will be followed by a one-hour remote focus group (date and time TBC) to allow people to discuss real work situations and how they managed it, or to ask questions of others.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Comments are closed.