This course is designed to provide participants with a practical understanding required for successfully working with the Victorian Indigenous Community. It also builds awareness of Indigenous
This course is designed to provide participants with a practical understanding required for successfully working with the Victorian Indigenous Community. It also builds awareness of Indigenous issues and aims to eradicate apprehension or misconception about Indigenous people.
The program is tailored to not only provide a historical perspective but to also provide learning which can be applied in everyday situations. The training focuses on developing improvement of strategies targeted at Indigenous recruitment and employment.
- Introduction to concepts of identity, culture and Aboriginality.
- A glimpse at pre-colonial Aboriginal society and the foundation of Aboriginal cultural ideology.
- The changes predicated by settlement and the dynamics of colonisation within Aboriginal society.
- The Aboriginal community today
- The impact of past policies on the Aboriginal community today. How the community has evolved and survived these implications and strategies in working with Aboriginal people and communities.
Date: Wednesday 27 October 2021
Time: 10.00am – 12.15pm, and 1.00 – 3.30pm
Delivery: 4.5-hour online training session (Zoom details provided after registrations close)
Facilitator: Jimmy Kyle, Bendigo Kangan Institute (Biography)
This event is now sold out.
If you would like to be added to a waiting list, please contact Anna Bejanoff, email@example.com or 03 9639 3955.
Cancellation/refund policy: Cancellation notice of more than 3 working days prior to the event is fully refundable. Cancellation notice of less than 3 working days prior to the event, NO REFUND. Substitution of attendees is allowed.
* A surcharge of 2% applies to all credit card payments. EFT is not available.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Comments are closed.