African Cultural Awareness & Recruitment
Participants will gain an understanding of African beliefs, values, work/family values and how to work with African communities. Gain insight into the importance of cultural inclusion throughout the
Participants will gain an understanding of African beliefs, values, work/family values and how to work with African communities. Gain insight into the importance of cultural inclusion throughout the recruitment process along with strategies to develop, retain and support African apprentices/trainees.
|Date:||Wednesday 30 November 2022|
|Time:||10:00am – 1:00pm|
|Venue:||AEN Training Room, 83 Hobsons Road, Kensington 3031|
Target audience: Managers, field officers and staff with recruitment responsibilities of African apprentices/trainees.
- A brief overview of African beliefs, values, work culture/family culture, cultural sensitivities/taboos
- Gain insight on how to work with African communities
- Learn how to effectively engage apprentices from African backgrounds
- Embedding cultural inclusion throughout the recruitment process along with strategies to develop, retain and support apprentices from African backgrounds.
About the facilitator:
Ashoup Atar is the CEO of Kowanj, a not-for-profit community-led organization that was established in response to the emerging social, educational, and employment needs of the African refugees & new and emerging communities in Australia. As an ex-refugee, Ash is committed to supporting migrant/refugees’ communities to prosper and achieve their goals. Members of the CALD communities are often disadvantaged and under-represented in the labour market therefore, Ash’s work focuses on addressing the employment barriers CALD jobseekers face and support employers promote cultural competence in the workplace, allowing jobseekers to transition effectively into their jobs.
- AEN Members: Please login to Member’s area prior to purchasing tickets to access the member rate
- All prices include GST
- A surcharge of 2% will apply to all payments by credit card. EFT is not available
- Tickets will be sent to the billing address email only
- This session is not available online
Registrations close: Monday 28 November 2022
Cancellation/refund policy: Cancellation notice of more than 5 working days prior to the event is fully refundable. Cancellation notice of less than 5 working days prior to the event, NO REFUND. Substitution of attendees is allowed.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Comments are closed.