AEN is hosting an Alcohol, Drug & Well-being workshop, for GTO Members particularly relevant to Field Officers. The 3 hour session will be conducted by ADES (Alcohol & Drug Education Specialists),
AEN is hosting an Alcohol, Drug & Well-being workshop, for GTO Members particularly relevant to Field Officers.
The 3 hour session will be conducted by ADES (Alcohol & Drug Education Specialists), they specialise in delivering innovative, interactive and informative alcohol and drug education. Furthermore ADES are one of Australia’s leading organisations in developing alcohol educational resources.
- What Does Alcohol Culture Look Like in Your Apprentices: ask a live time polling question regarding the major issues/s which staff see in their respective roles with their apprentices.
- Understanding Your Apprentices Drinking Behaviors: when are they likely to drink (days/nights of the week, specific events during the year), what are they likely to drink (specific types of alcohol), where are they likely to drink (on site or off site), who are they likely to drink with (other apprentices/workers, friends, general population (pubs/clubs etc).
- Changing Alcohol Culture – promoting a simple and strong message through our own actions has a huge impact. Introducing the concept of #MyMorningsMatter which aims to change alcohol culture by making positive plans the next day.
- Drugs in Australian Culture: current statistics and trends in Australia (specifically around the target audience age group).
- Current Concerns of Illicit Drugs – Using a Live Time Poll staff will guide the conversation of what specific drug/s they are most concerned about, identifying the most common types of illicit drugs (Cannabis, Ecstasy, Ice, Speed, GBH, Speed, Ketamine, NANG’s, Benzo’s and a few others). ADES will provide staff with relevant information about the characteristics of these drugs and the symptoms individual’s experience immediately, short and long term when using such substances.
Each staff member who attends the training will have access to the specialised ADES Online Facilitators HUB for the duration of 2020. The Online Facilitators HUB contains all relevant resources, materials, PDFs, videos and weblinks which assists staff in changing alcohol and drug culture. Furthermore, the Online Facilitators HUB is regularly update with new resources, data, trends and relevant materials.
This is a free event for AEN members. The non-member rate is $50.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Apprenticeship Employment Network
Level 3, 478 Albert Street, East Melbourne Victoria 3002
You must login to RSVP for this event Login Now
Comments are closed.