Youth Mental Health First Aid Course
Mental health first aid is the help provided to someone who is developing a mental health problem, has a worsening of an existing mental health problem or is
Mental health first aid is the help provided to someone who is developing a mental health problem, has a worsening of an existing mental health problem or is in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional help is received, or the crisis resolves. Mental health first aid strategies are taught in evidence-based training programs authorised by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia and conducted by MHFA instructors across Australia.
The Accredited Youth Mental Health First Aid Course is for adults working with adolescents (up to 18 years of age), however the course is relevant for those helping people who are a little older.
Timelines / Delivery:
The blended Youth MHFA course includes a combination of self-paced eLearning, and an instructor-led workshop.
Course Component 1
- Self-paced interactive eLearning (5 hours) to be completed before 9 August 2023.
- Course participants will have 4 weeks (after registrations close) to complete the interactive self-paced eLearning component prior to joining the workshop on 9 August. They will learn about mental health problems, mental health crises, and skills to offer initial help to a young person developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis.
Course Component 2
- Face-to-face workshop, 1 x 6 hours on Wednesday 9 August 2023, 10am-4.00pm at AEN training room, 83 Hobsons Road, Kensington.
- The instructor-led workshop allows participants the opportunity to revise and consolidate knowledge and skills in a group environment, and to apply their skills to specific scenarios.
Course content: For further information, please visit Accredited Youth MHFA course (ignore ‘What is the format’ and ‘How do I sign up’).
Facilitator: Ashley Gurney, Managing Director and Founder, Alcohol and Drug Education Specialist Pty Ltd (ADES) (Biography)
Accreditation: After completing both components, participants can complete an online Accreditation Assessment to become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider (valid for 3 years).
AEN Members: Please login to Member’s area prior to purchasing tickets to access the member rate.
- All prices include GST
- A surcharge of 2% will apply to all payments by credit card. EFT is not available.
- Tickets will be sent to the billing address email only.
Registrations close: Friday 14 July 2023 (or until sold out)
Cancellation/refund policy: No refunds or substitution of attendees allowed after 2 August 2023. If participants are unable to complete the online component (eLearning) prior to 9 August, they have 12 months to finish the course. To receive accreditation, they need to source out another virtual training session/s. Participants can contact the Drug and Alcohol Education Specialists (training provider) direct to ascertain if another up and coming instructor-led workshop is available.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Apprenticeship Employment Network
83 Hobsons Road Kensington
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Comments are closed.