Being awarded an AEN Lifetime Achievement Award recognises an individual, for their contribution to vocational education and training and the advancement of Group Training in Victoria.
|Steve Herbert||Victorian Government – Former Minister for Vocational Training and Skills||2018|
Suitable candidates should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Recognised as having made a substantial contribution to the development and performance of Group Training in Victoria.
- Recognised as having made a substantial contribution to the VET sector that has a positive impact on Group Training in Victoria.
- Nominations are not limited to Group Training Organisations and their staff but may come from any sector.
The process to nominate a candidate for an AEN Lifetime Achievement Award will be as follows:
- Any current member of Apprenticeship Employment Network (AEN) may make nominations.
- Any other current member of AEN must second nominations.
- Nominations must be in writing and address the eligibility criteria.
- Nominations may be made at any time but only awarded annually at the Awards Dinner.
Nominations for the AEN Lifetime Achievement Award will be assessed as follows:
- Each nomination will be assessed individually by the Award Nominations Committee and AEN Board. The only exception to this would be if a current board member were nominated in which case the balance of directors would meet in confidence to assess the nomination.
- The nomination must have the unanimous support of all eligible directors to be successful.
- There shall be no expectation that an award will be awarded each year.
- There will be no restriction on the number of Lifetime Achievement awards each year however awarding Lifetime Achievement Awards that do not clearly meet the selection criteria will diminish their value and will therefore not be considered.
AEN Lifetime Achievements shall be awarded as follows:
- Successful nominees shall be invited to attend (with partner) to the Annual Awards Dinner of the Association.
- The Association will meet all costs for nominee’s attendance.
- The Chairman of the Association will award the nominee with a Lifetime Achievement Award.