The STAR (Stop Taking a Risk) Awards are presented to an apprentice/trainee for a demonstrated contribution to OH&S or outstanding OH&S leadership skills or initiative in their workplace.
Group Training Organisations, client organisations, supervisors, field officers, colleagues, professional bodies, and students can make nominations.
Candidates for the award:
- Must be an apprentice/trainee employed by a Victorian Group Training Organisation
- Must be an apprentice/trainee at the time of nomination
Applicants will be judged against the following criteria
- Drive and commitment to making the workplace a safer environment
- Examples of attitude towards Health and Safety
- How their drive and commitment has been a positive influence on their place of work
- What is unique or innovative about their workplace drive and commitment
- OH&S focus and/or achievement
- Any OH&S achievements
- Demonstrated recognition and/or acknowledgement from fellow employees, managers and/or customers
- Understanding and leadership skills regarding OH&S within the workplace
- Understanding of the importance of OH&S in the workplace
- Level of OH&S leadership skills
|Nominations Open||Monday 2 September 2019|
|Nominations Close||Friday 1 November 2019|
|Award Presented||Friday 6 December 2019|
Assessment and Award Process
Nominations for the STAR Award will be assessed as follows:
- Each nomination will be assessed individually by the Award Nominations Committee and approved by the AEN Board.
- The nomination must address the selection criteria.
- Successful nominees shall be invited to attend (with partner) to the Annual Awards Dinner of the Association.
- The Association will meet all costs for nominee’s attendance.
- The winner will be presented with the award at the AEN Awards Dinner.