The Outstanding OH&S initiative/solution Award is presented to an individual, team or organisation for a demonstrated outstanding contribution to OH&S in Group Training. Nominations can be made by Group Training Organisations, client organisations, colleagues or professional bodies.
Candidates for the award:
- must be staff employed within a Victorian Group Training Organisation
- may be individuals, teams or groups of special support staff
Section A: Overview
Give an overview of the service/support provided, a description of the environment in which the service/support is provided and specific challenges which may have had to be overcome during the course of providing the service/support.
Section B: Applicants will be judged against the following criteria
- Excellence and innovation
- examples of how the OH&S service/support makes a significant contribution
- how the OH&S service/support addresses the needs of internal and external clients
- what is unique or innovative about the OH&S service/support provided
- Client focus
- systems and processes for collecting information on client needs and satisfaction
- demonstrated recognition and/or acknowledgement from clients, students, and colleagues
- demonstrated examples of any contributions to knowledge sharing, mentoring and coaching activities.
- Professionalism and commitment to support OH&S services
- demonstrated efficiency, accuracy and timeliness in dealing with customer enquiries
- contribution to performance enhancement efforts such as professional development of staff, acting as mentors, guides or models for others; and enhanced service/support provision
- contribution to achieving GTO/ VET system priorities
- how the individual or team engage with other professionals to improve the standard of OH&S service/support provided to clients.
- Understanding and reputation within the industry or community
- ways in which the delivery of the service/support helps to form and build new relationships
- demonstrated recognition and/or acknowledgement from industry and community
|Nominations Open||4 August 2023|
|Nominations Close||1 September 2023|
|Finalists Announced||9 October 2023|
|Award Presented||22 November 2023|
Assessment and Award Process
Nominations for the GTO Outstanding OHS Initiative Award will be assessed as follows:
- Each nomination will be assessed individually by the Award Nominations Committee and approved by the AEN Board.
- The nomination must address the selection criteria.
- Finalists shall be invited to attend to the Annual Awards Dinner of the Association.
- The winner will be presented with the award at the AEN Awards Dinner.