The Group Training Service Excellence Award is presented to a staff member or team/group of staff for a demonstrated outstanding contribution to the success in Group Training.
Group Training Organisations, client organisations, colleagues, professional bodies, and students can make nominations.
Candidates for the award:
- must be staff employed within a Victorian Group Training Organisation
- may be individuals, teams or groups of special support staff
Section A: Overview
Give an overview of the service/support provided, a description of the environment in which the service/support is provided and specific challenges which may have had to be overcome during the course of providing the service/support.
Section B: Applicants will be judged against the following criteria
- Excellence and innovation
- examples of how the service/support makes a significant contribution to excellence in the field
- how the service/support addresses the needs of internal and external clients
- what is unique or innovative about the service/support provided
- Client focus
- systems and processes for collecting information on client needs and satisfaction
- demonstrated recognition and/or acknowledgement from clients, students, and colleagues
- any specialist support provided for students with special needs, such as Indigenous students, students with disabilities, students from a non-English speaking background, students in remote areas, gifted and talented students
- Professionalism and commitment to support services for VET
- demonstrated efficiency, accuracy and timeliness in dealing with customer enquiries
- contribution to performance enhancement efforts such as professional development of other staff, acting as mentors, guides or models for others; and enhanced service/support provision
- contribution to achieving GTO/VET system priorities
- how the individual or team engage with other professionals to improve the standard of service/support provided to clients
- Understanding and reputation within the industry or community
- ways in which the delivery of the service/support helps to form and build new relationships
- how the individual or team contribute in conferences, seminars and professional and industry associations
- demonstrated recognition and/or acknowledgement from industry and community
- demonstrated examples of any contributions to knowledge sharing, mentoring and coaching activities
|Nominations Open||Monday 2 September 2019|
|Nominations Close||Friday 1 November 2019|
|Award Presented||Friday 6 December 2019|
Assessment and Award Process
Nominations for the GTO Service Excellence Award will be assessed as follows:
- Each nomination will be assessed individually by the Award Nominations Committee and approved by the AEN Board.
- The nomination must address the selection criteria.
- Finalists shall be invited to attend to the Annual Awards Dinner of the Association.
- The winner will be presented with the award at the AEN Awards Dinner.